Monday, April 18, 2005

I'm too early for my day, too early for my day, TOO ear-ly...

I just tried to call the vet's office to schedule Toby's annual check-up, and you know what? I couldn't. Know why? Because it was only 8:55 am and they don't open until 9:00!

Yes, before 9:00 am today I was already on the second load of laundry, I had breakfasted, written in my journal, posted to my blog, sorted through a week's worth of mail, and checked and responded to email. I was merrily cranking through the to-do list, whose next item was a call to the vet.

I have thrown off the Daylight Savings Torpor! I have rejoined the ranks of people who manage to do anything before 9 am! (Unlike the US Army, I don't feel competitive on this, so I don't expect to accomplish more than anyone else - just a little something is fine, thank you.) I was beginning to fear this would never happen, being self-employed and without compelling reason to get out of my jammies most mornings, so, as you can tell, I'm a little psyched.

It's 9:10 now, so I can rejoin my ass-kicking productivity, previously in progress.

No comments: