Sunday, June 11, 2006

Updates, and things overheard

Bongo has made it up as far as the power lines now. The heat on Toby from the crow community has diminished, but not disappeared. We're all rooting for Bongo. Fly, Bongo, fly!

Note from the dog walker on Friday: "Nelly shut herself in the bathroom somehow. I was her hero when I arrived." Oh, the humiliation of locking yourself in the bathroom when you're supposed to be the Empress of the Universe.

Add to the summer to-do list: repair drywall where Nelly tried to dig her way out of the bathroom.

Zena and I facilitated the client board retreat on Friday at the four-star resort. We went early and got massages, which was awesome. Afterwards I stayed overnight with my friends who live in Silverdale, neither of whom are in the management - consulting - organizational - blahblah business.

Amusing but insightful comment from my friend: "I find it odd that well-educated, successful people send you to a chichi resort and then pay you to help them talk to each other."

Hilarious comment from the massage therapist to Zena, while working on the knots caused by constant lifting of one-year-old twins: "Did a surrogate give birth to your twins?" Mused Zena: "I realize she was giving me a compliment about my weight...but that seemed like a peculiar way to come at it."

No comments: