Wednesday, June 14, 2006

The psychology of transitions

I'm in one of those transition phases between work projects, and I don't think I'm very good at it. After completing the stressful retreat last Friday, I simply refused to think about work in any way, shape or form for two days, which is probably fair since I'd been thinking about it to one degree or another pretty much every day for the previous four weeks. But then I find I don't know what to do with all this time on my hands, relatively speaking. I still have three clients, and roughly full-time work - but that seems SO luxurious compared to the 56 billable hours per week that I had backed myself into previously. I find myself scanning the entertainment news online, and sleeping in until 8:00, thinking - I have all the time in the world!

My brain can be very, very stubborn sometimes.

No comments: