Wednesday, May 17, 2006

I like to watch the heads explode!

A quick scan of today's online news just brought me so much delight. Not something I say frequently, I admit. But today, I envisioned row upon row of little closed minds popping in one huge apoplectic fit like Gandalf's beautiful fireworks.

First, there was this headline right on the front page of MSNBC:
Did early chimp and human ancestors interbreed?

And then, there was this delicious quip from Ian McKellan (Gandalf himself!), an openly gay actor, about the peculiarly overwrought controversy surrounding The Da Vinci Code movie.

"I'm very happy to believe that Jesus was married," he said. "I know the Catholic Church has problems with gay people and I thought this would be absolute proof that Jesus was not gay." (Full story here.)

No comments: