Wednesday, March 08, 2006

I'm the gal with pink hair

Remember the movie Grease with John Travolta and Olivia Newton-John?

Remember the scene where Sandy's plucky friend Frenchie drops out of beauty school after accidentally dying her hair bright pink? There's a whole fabulous musical number with Frankie Valli or Frankie Avalon or one of those Frankie heartthrobs from the 1950s. Beauty School Drop-Out, he doo-wops.

Well, that's me. PI School Drop-Out. I officially gave up. And I feel good about it.

I didn't want to write a written report on the forensics topic of my choice, and so I skipped the last class, and thus I assume I am going to actually FAIL a pass-fail extension class. But I'm fine about that. I'm way to old to worry about my Permanent Record. I learned a lot and had fun. Dropping out doesn't preclude my becoming a private investigator in the future, just as finishing the class wouldn't have guaranteed it. And I think that, four months before my fortieth birthday, having always been a diligent student and the daughter of a teacher - it is high time for me to have the life experience of failing a class.

And not caring! So there.

I have a fun volunteer project, and a new year-long work gig starting that will overlap for a while with the one I'm finishing, so that's plenty to do.

So - color me pink, and bring on the doo-wop.

1 comment:

Laziest Girl said...

So, I'm a bit confused, did you dye your hair pink or do you french exhale?