Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Sent packing

I have been informed by my co-worker that I need to go home and not evaluate anybody else's resume for today. Apparently I've gone 'round the bend and my judgement is suspect.

This, after she informed me that a candidate had just called to say she was submitting a revised application, and would I please read that one instead of the first one?

At which point my head spun around on my neck and I apparently said something along the lines of "I ALREADY READ HER RESUME. SHE CAN'T MAKE ME READ IT TWICE. NOBODY CAN MAKE ME READ ANY MORE RESUMES THAN I ALREADY HAVE TO." And, I might have been beating my head against the back of the chair.

160 resumes, people. With sentences like "Management is Management, Selling is Selling and Marketing is Marketing!" ONE HUNDRED AND SIXTY.

So I've been fed some restorative chocolate and relieved of my duties.

No comments: