Friday, February 03, 2006

Better now

I have been focusing on people whose cover letters and resumes elicit giggles and groans, but to be fair, this is a very impressive pile of candidates. Now that I've winnowed the raw pile, I'm charged with reducing my half of the remainder to no more than one dozen good prospects. I'm having a hard time, because there are some damn interesting people here. What do I want to buy with my one-dozen resume slots? So many shiny things to choose from. I'll take the senator of a Latin American country, the career international relief professional, the low-income housing developer, the campaign manager for one of our nation's 12 (record!) women Senators - and throw in a few senior staff from a couple sizeable charitable foundations. Oh, and the guy who's fluent in Spanish and Lithuanian. *

* Specifics camoflaged to protect the innocent.

No comments: