Tuesday, October 18, 2005

The plot thickens

Last night I spent a frustrating time trying to make Excel's graphing feature produce the visual presentation that I wanted. It didn't seem like it should be hard, and in fact when Enrico got home - he is an Excel whizz, being a spreadsheet jockey for a living - he assured me that it should be able to do exactly what I wanted. I assured him that I'd tried just as he described I should, but had encountered only failure.

"Well," he said sagely, "you know what the problem must be, don't you?" I stared at him blankly. "Clearly, it must be the work of Freston!"

I gasped. Of course, the dastardly Freston would be in league with Microsoft!

Meanwhile, I am totally charging the client for the time I spent fighting with Excel, 'cause I can't ever get that 45 minutes of my life back.

No comments: