Thursday, May 19, 2005

Your mission, if you choose to accept it

Yes, I am heading out on a mission worthy of the ass-kicking prowess exhibited by my heros on Alias last night.

I am going to the U.S. Post Office to attempt to send bulk mail.

Any of you who have done this before? You know what I'm talking about. It's been over 15 years since my last bulk mail mission. A happy 15 years.

If you haven't done this before - think of the final scene in the first Harry Potter book, where our heros must use their wits and wiles to neutralize a 3-headed guard dog, get past strangulating vines, snatch a tiny flying thing out of thin air while zooming around on a broom, defeat life-sized murderous chess pieces in a battle of intellect and strategy, and then prove that their hearts and intentions are pure. It's kind of like that.

No comments: