Thursday, March 24, 2005

Things I love about visiting my sister

...other than just being with my sister, of course, which goes without saying.

  1. Seeing the patchwork pattern of square, flat earth from the plane, which, no matter how much I may prefer mountains, makes my brain say "Hey! We're home!"
  2. Kicking her ass at Boggle.
  3. Getting my ass kicked at Boggle, since nobody else I know can do that.
  4. Playing the big, five-by-five version of Boggle, because she's the only one I know who owns it.
  5. Laughing so hard that I cry, or snort food through my nose, or both.
  6. Taking the El downtown and wandering around the improbably huge buildings like a big girl.
  7. The all-you-can-eat buffet at the Czerwone Jabluszko Polish restaurant.
  8. Visiting our crazy relatives and drinking pink wine from a box.
  9. Catching up in person with my college roommate, and confirming once again that she still gets me as well as she did when we met more than 20 years ago.
  10. Plotting out with my sister how we're going to become famous writers, and totally believing it will happen!

No comments: