Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Karma

Ok folks, in case you thought I was kidding about the Queen of Narnia plunging us into Eternal Winter here in Washington state, just take a look at this picture, showing blizzard conditions just up the road a piece. I can't even continue to joke about it, because the blizzard claimed the life of an experienced day-hiker on Mt. Rainier, and two others are stuck up there with severe hypothermia while rescuers wait for a break in the weather. This is just madness.

But, out of the blue, I get a call from my sister offering me an all-expenses-paid trip to Hawaii. It's not until mid-July, but I have no reason to think that the Queen of Narnia is ever going to release us from her curse, so I'm sure it will be just as welcome then as today. I am practically weeping in gratitude for my brother-in-law's dislike of flying. I know the weather isn't punitive, but this sure feels like weather karma.

Plus, I'm annoyed with Enrico at this moment for giving me the go-ahead to make a lovely dish for dinner that requires a very precise cooking time, and committing to be home at a very specific time in order to enjoy said dish, and then deciding to go out with friends for a drink without bothering to call me to say, "Hey! Take that pot off the stove. I'm running late." This is a cardinal sin of marriage, no? But once again, karma will out. Because who's the one going to Hawaii for free? ME, baby. That'll learn ya.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I apologized, I moped, and I asked 'what would Silas do to atone?.' But now, my flaws and errors are in the blogosphere 4ever.

Irredeemable, no expiation possible.

Sigh

anonymous