Monday, September 24, 2007

Back from Haitus

Our week in Oregon was wonderful, and it feels like the fall is stretching out in front of me like a new adventure, pristine and shiny and unexplored. Some client and volunteer projects have wrapped up, more or less tidily. Some cyclical things are underway again. The summer trips and visitors are over. Aunt Lou's diaries are transcribed and sent back to Canada.

I'd like to try to travel lightly through the coming season, not too heavily burdened; lean and focused on a few things that I can do well and experience fully. The house is clean from all the visitors, and it would be satisfying to actually keep it that way, not so much out of a sense of duty but to create an environment as uncluttered as I'd like my life to be. Maybe I'll paint the den after the new windows are installed. Or maybe I won't. Who knows. The world is my oyster.

1 comment:

mo said...

nothing like a vacation at the beach to bring some bliss and serenity into one's life!!!