Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Thank-yous for the day

1. To the woman who stopped to help me, and hung around for an hour, when I locked my keys in the car today. With the engine running. In 85-degree heat. In front of a fire hydrant.

2. To the vice president of the board of my current employer, who happened to walk by that EXACT STREET CORNER a few minutes later, for not telling everyone at work what a dunderhead I am.

3. To AAA. If you'd like me to do one of those commercials with dunderheads in embarrassing situations calling for emergency road assistance - you know where to find me.

4. To the Seattle police for not driving by while I happened to be blocking that fire hydrant.

5. To the AAA emergency assistance guy, for telling me that they solve this exact problem approximately 500 times per month, and I am not in fact the biggest dunderhead on earth.

6. To Subaru, for building a car whose fan can keep a running car cool for a full hour in the sun in 85-degree heat.

2 comments:

Shelly said...

I gotta ask, how did you lock your keys in your car?

Cousin Flora said...

Just popped out to mail something, spur of the moment. Oh look, a mailbox! I'll just hop out!

The kicker is, I had to have actively hit the lock button on my way out. Force of habit I guess.

So there you have it.