Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Oh the joys of juice

After 90 hours without power in sub-freezing temperatures, I am pleased to be back on the grid.

Oh the blogging that will come from this experience! Some photos even, including dramatic destruction and, as a bonus, Toby in a pastel-colored, fluffy dog coat, looking like quite the girly-boy. But for now I need to clear out my fridge and catch up on my life.

My sincere empathy goes out to the 200,000 people still without power - some of them in my neighborhood, still. Many are likely looking at a cold, dark Christmas. And my sincere thanks goes out to the Seattle City Light workers who have toiled on 18-hour shifts for five days now, many of whom spent an entire day on my street yesterday replacing four entire power poles and many yards of line. THANK YOU, guys!

No comments: