Saturday, September 02, 2006

Mmmm, bells and whistles...

Blogger has its new upgrade out in beta, and it has many features for which I have long longed. Well, mainly labels, or categories, where you can tag each post for a variety of categories and read only those, say for example "travel" and "dogs" and "politics." Thus those of you who never, ever want to read about my dogs but like to hear my crazy travel adventures can just look at travel entries. Etc. etc. A red-stater who loves dogs but thinks I've adopted the political outlook of Satan himself can just stick with the cute poochie stories.

I am sorely tempted to switch to new Blogger beta, but it does still have some bugs (which the nice people at Blogger have itemized in great detail, so you know exactly what you're getting into). Like, my fellow Bloggers can only post anonymously until they too switch over, and I don't know what all two of you are thinking about the upgrade. And I'd have to switch my template to a new one in order to take advantage of the new features, which will entail the sorts of aesthetic decisions that I find paralyzing. Maybe I won't like any of the templates! So we'll see.

No comments: