Monday, July 24, 2006

On a lighter note

My sister is off to Las Vegas today - from Bangalore, India to Vegas within a week. If that doesn't set your head spinning, I don't know what does.

If my parents weren't here for a visit, I would have jetted down to Vegas for a little sisterly bonding in the City of Absurdity. Instead, though, the folks and I are heading up to our other country for some lovely enjoyment of Canadian beaches and mountains, with a quick trip into sophisticated Vancouver. Enrico will be joining us by train later in the week.

It's well timed. Perhaps the US and I just need a little time out from each other.

Plus, one of my aunts will be meeting up with us, bringing me family photos and papers regarding our illustrious northern ancestors, about which my sister and I still want to write a book. (Once Moxie has left her insane job she may actually have time for such pursuits again.) My aunt is still in touch with the descendants of Famous Uncle Charlie, and has even visited the family stomping grounds in the far north. It should all be great fun.

No comments: