Monday, June 05, 2006

To breathe, perchance, to NOT think...

Ahhh, my work life is getting saner by the day. It feels like such a relief not to have to use my brain so steadily, to force it to be productive even when it's tired, so tired of analyzing and thinking, slogging along putting one literate sentence in front of another. I have enough breathing room to say, whew - I think I'd do better finishing this after a little break. What a concept. No more forced labor for my brain. The brain has free from the chain gang.

For a couple of weeks there, I did not have that. And I am certainly enjoying it.

My latest favorite thing to do when NOT thinking is watching the first season of House on DVD. Some new television crack, just what the doctor ordered (no pun intended!). Yes, I know the medicine on House is wildly unrealistic, but I don't care. I am hooked on Hugh Laurie's curmudgeonly, Vicotin-popping, piano-playing, outrageously rude, improbably blue-eyed, limping Gregory House, with his devastating deductive reasoning and his devoted Houselet sidekicks.

3 comments:

Laziest Girl said...

I completely understand - I've been watching the second series. I love Hugh Laurie - those eyes, the inner pain, the wit, the biting sarcasm .... ahhhh.

Anonymous said...

Hi, I am still reading your blog. Have you seen Hugh Laurie in Jeeves and Wooster? The contrast between Bertie Wooster and Dr. House could not be greater.

Cousin Flora said...

Well ok then. Apparently the way to get comments is to blog about Hugh Laurie. Who knew? I should've expected to hear from Laziest, of course - what was it you called him a while back? The thinking girl's pin-up?