Friday, March 24, 2006

On the road again

In a couple of hours I head to Denver, where I will actually need sunglasses! and sunscreen! and a sun hat! It's very exciting.

Like Seattle, Denver has a Layering Climate, to accomodate many changes of temperature. The forecast is for 30's at night, 60's during the day. Very civilized. I'm visiting a friend there before a board meeting next Wednesday, and we've left open the possibility of a spontaneous road trip to Moab, Utah or Santa Fe, NM. In which case I might actually get to wear shorts!

And here's how great a packer I am: Even with the varied temperatures, the unknown destinations, the need for business, casual and hiking attire, and the inclusion of a laptop computer - I have managed to pack what I need for five days using only carry-on bags. Legitimately sized carry-on bags, too - not the massive "carry-ons" that people lug onto the plane, taking up the entire overhead bin unless the flight attendants catch them and banish the imposter carry-ons to be gate-checked.

My packing prowess is probably my greatest accomplishment this week. It's been very busy getting ready to go out the door, at work and at home. It's much easier to take a vacation right after an all-day board meeting than right before.

And when I come back - I will officially be working 1.1 jobs for two months. So I'm very excited to be going on vacation.

No comments: