Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Happy Thanksgiving

Today, I slept in. I talked to a friend who called me yesterday for advice, and learned that my advice did in fact help her. I deposited a check that I earned from a piece of work that I feel proud of. I bought a shredder and some toner. I did my best to contribute some resolution and healing to a situation of great contention and mistrust. I spent some time with an older, wiser woman whom I respect. I went to my public library and got a (hopefully) good book to read. I donated our old printer to a nonprofit that can use it. I bought a big slab of Alaskan salmon for tomorrow's meal. I received a tail-wagging, face-washing greeting from my dogs. I enjoyed a good laugh with Enrico and a bottle of fine Argentine Malbec over dinner. I am currently eating chocolate Italian gelato. Soon there will be a new episode of Lost.

For these things, and for the meal we'll share tomorrow with my oldest friend - I am thankful.

No comments: