Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Now you're thinkin' like Flora

Today I actually have some billable work to do, for the first time since May. What a shock to the system. But it'll help pay my tuition for private investigator school, because yes, I am sending in an application. Of course, they could always reject me. Wouldn't that be a hoot.

It's somewhat too bad that the work is kicking back in just today because Enrico took yesterday and today off, after his big backpacking trip, just to hang around for a couple lazy summer days before going back to work. He is getting a taste of what my daily life is like - laziness, life chores, self-improvement, work, all mixed into an unpredictable ratatouille of a schedule each week. However, although he swears he's a person who needs the guiding structure of a regular job to frame his time, I suspect he's getting the hang of this whole gadabout thing. Yesterday, I asked him what he was going to do with his afternoon, and he replied thoughtfully, "I was thinking I'd go to Nordstrom's and buy socks."

Now THAT'S the way to think about life. When buying socks constitutes a productive afternoon. Well done, grasshopper.

No comments: