Sunday, July 03, 2005

Yes, they do have the Internet in Europe

...but, I didn't use it. I know I managed to blog almost daily on my trip to Argentina, but the Internet was simply not conveniently accessible to me from the rented Italian villa where I have spent the past month. It was awesome. I have many stories to tell, although most if not all of the people who read this blog were there for some period of time, and will know the stories. The few other readers presumably gave up on me weeks ago.

However, I have a few good tales, and some pictures to boot, and I will try to organize my thoughts and present them in a suitably entertaining manner in the days to come.

Today, I am still adjusting to the time change and withdrawal from the best freakin' tomatoes on Earth. Tomatoes aren't even native to Italy - but oh, what the Italians have done with them! Between Enrico and I, we brought home a bottle of unfiltered extra virgin Italian olive oil, some 12-year-old Modena Balsamic vinegar, a half-wheel of strong Umbrian pecorino cheese...and they are all heavenly, a reminder of our wonderful trip, but...the Italian tomatoes are definitely missed.

No comments: