Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Where has Cousin Flora been?

It just seems like I've been busy! My days seem very full lately, and how can that be possible when I have neither a full-time job nor children? And yet it is so. It's the same thing I realized when I took my 8-month work sabbatical a couple of years ago - it is a very civlized thing to spend your time attending to your life. While I know some couples are happy with both people working full time, Enrico and I are coming to the conclusion that, given that we have no college educations to save for, only one of us should be working full time at any given time.

So I have one consulting job (though I don't quite don't know what to do with them, and I think they don't quite know what to do with me), and I'm exercising and volunteering and planning for the month-long trip to Italy, which looms. I'm still not blazing through my household to-do list as I did during The Sabbatical, but I'm doing a better job of keeping a tidy house and attending to a few items a week. It helps that the weather is lovely, which always puts me in a good mood. It's just very civilized.

No comments: