Monday, April 04, 2005

A smorgasbord of sport

Today, my friend Beth has tickets to opening day for the Mariners, which she generously invited me to share with her, knowing that I am a fellow fan. We'll probaby freeze our butts off, but I love baseball and I'm always up for some worshippin' in the Church of Baseball, as Susan Sarandon says in Bull Durham. And then tonight, my alma mater and home-town team the Fighting Illini play for the NCAA basketball championship. All in one day!

Ironically, my baseball friend is a Carolina alumna - and hard-core college basketball fan - so after an afternoon communing in a shared loved for the Mariners, she and I shall head our separate ways, to our little houses a mere six blocks apart, to become bitter basketball rivals for the evening.

No comments: