Friday, February 25, 2005

Top ten lists

Hmmm, now I'm faced with figuring out my work situation, meeting various deferred obligations, paying bills (with no discernable source of income yet), cleaning my house...So instead, I'll do this. (Thus, this is really for my benefit and not so much for the three of you who read my blog.)

Top ten things I will miss about Argentina and Chile:

  1. Chocolate o'clock
  2. Avocados
  3. Really good red wine for $5
  4. Speaking Spanish
  5. Warm weather
  6. Funky architecture
  7. Happy dogs
  8. Craft markets
  9. Not hearing George Bush's voice on the radio*
  10. Bright, cheerful, whimsical colors
* Because what's the first thing I hear upon tuning into NPR for the first time after I get back? "The MOOlahs need to unnerstand that they can't have NUCULar weapons." Followed immediately by the sound of my head beating against the steering wheel.

Top ten things I will not miss:
  1. Diesel exhaust
  2. Cigarette smoke
  3. The Toshota Corosha
  4. Meat-centric meals
  5. The 11:00 dinner hour
  6. Fee-based bathrooms
  7. Techno-pop music
  8. Loud air conditioners
  9. Unscooped dog poop
  10. Terrifying traffic
Top ten things I am grateful for in the US:
  1. My husband, dogs, family and friends
  2. My comfortable bed
  3. Free bathrooms with abundant toilet paper
  4. Vegetables
  5. Dinner at 6
  6. Voice mail
  7. Lost and Alias on Wednesday nights
  8. Spiced food
  9. Clean air laws, such that they are
  10. The mountains and ocean right in my back yard - minimal travel required

No comments: